Sebastian's Pamphlets

If you've read my articles somewhere on the Internet, expect something different here.

MOVED TO SEBASTIANS-PAMPHLETS.COM

Please click the link above to read actual posts, this archive will disappear soon!

Stay tuned...

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Google's Own XML Sitemap Explored

While developing a Google XML Sitemap parser, I couldn't resist to test my tool with Google's own XML sitemap. The result is somewhat astonishing, even for a BETA software.

Parsing only the first 100 entries, I found lots of 404s (page not found), and both 301 (moved permanently) and 302 (found somewhere else) redirects. Site owners get their sitemaps declined for less invalid entries. It seems Google does not use its own XML sitemap.

View the page list parsed from Google's Sitemap here.

Dear Google, please forgive me. I just had to publish this finding ;)

Tags: ()
Share this post at StumbleUpon
Stumble It!
    Share this post at del.icio.us
Post it to
del.icio.us
 


-->

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home