The short story is this: Aaron Wall is being sued over comments left on his blog by his readers about a notoriously unsavoury company called Traffic Power, or 1p. Within the Search industry, these people are regarded as the lowest of the low, and if you dig through some of those Search results, or the links at the bottom of this post, you'll find all the gory details. Suffice to say, they are considered theives and villains by the overwhelming majority of the Search Marketing community.
We don't think it's right, do you?
We feel this has to end here. There is far more at stake than a scummy company vs a blogger - this is about free speech on blogs, and the right for users to comment, without blog publishers having to fear lawsuits.
So, What Can YOU Do?
See the graphic at the right below the links? It links to the donate to Aarons legal costs post. You can start by giving him a few $$$'s to fight these people effectively.
Help Promote the Blogging is NOT a Crime Campaign
By using one of these lovely graphical banners on your blog, forum or website, you will help spread the word, and raise more cash - enabling better lawyers and legal council. Simply pick one that fits your site, and link it to the donate post.
Simple eh? Don't you feel GOOD now?
There is much to the history of TP/1p, and you can find a lot of it in the Google searches linked above, but recently, these are the more notable posts and discussions on the subject if you'd like more in-depth information to quote and link to.
- Wall Street Journal: Blogger Faces Lawsuit Over
Comments Posted by Readers
- LockerGnome: SEOBook vs. Traffic Power - Bloggers on Trial
- Slashdot: Blog Faces Lawsuit Over Reader Comments
- MediaChannel: Blogger Faces Lawsuit Over Comments Posted by Readers
- Search Engine Watch: Traffic Power Files Suit Against SEO Book
- Web Pro News: Aaron Wall Sued Over SEOBook Blog Comments
- Threadwatch: SEOBook Sued by Traffic Power Arsewipes, Considers Pulling Content
Thank you for your support of free speech on blogs and elsewhere on the net!
Post it to