Yesterday I've launched the inofficial Google Sitemaps FAQ. It's not yet complete, but it may be helpful if you've questions like
- Can a Google Sitemap destroy my search engine placements? (No/Nope/Nay/Perhaps/Depends)
- Can I remove deleted pages in Google's index via XML Sitemap? (No)
- Will a Google Sitemap increase my PageRank? (No/Depends)
- Can I escape the 'sandbox effect' with a Google Sitemap? (No)
- What is the best tool to create a Google Sitemap for my Web site? (Read on)
- How long does it take go get indexed by Google? (Depends)
- My sitemap from yesterday didn't result in loads of Google traffic... (Go get a life)
- What is the answer to Google, Life, the Universe, and Everything? (42)
I've tried to answer questions which Google cannot or will not answer, or where Google would get murdered for any answer other than "42". Even if the answer is a plain "no", I've provided backgrounds, and solutions. I'm not a content thief, and I hate useless redundancies, so don't miss out on the official FAQ and the sitemaps blog.
Enjoy, and submit interesting questions here. Your feedback is very much appreciated!
Tags: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Google Sitemaps
Post it to