Sebastian's Pamphlets

If you've read my articles somewhere on the Internet, expect something different here.

MOVED TO SEBASTIANS-PAMPHLETS.COM

Please click the link above to read actual posts, this archive will disappear soon!

Stay tuned...

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Blogger.com Hates Digg

Ever tried to add a digg button to a blogspot blog? You get a thoughtless error message like "HTML tag <script type='text/javascript'> is not allowed". Since when is JavaScript code an HTML tag? BS. <polemic mode>Why does Blogger.com allow JavaScript code made by AdSense?

Conclusion: Blogger.com hates digg.com but loves Google's AdSense.

Did I hear Googlers encouraging link building tactics like link baiting and social bookmarking? Perhaps I just misunderstood those messages ... </polemic mode>

Here is the code downtrodden by Google:

<script type="text/javascript">
digg_url = 'http://sebastianx.blogspot.com/2007/02/why-proper-error-handling-is-important.html';
</script>
<script src="http://digg.com/tools/diggthis.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Ok, I admit that Google censors filters blog posts in the best interest of noobs not knowing what a piece of JS code can achieve. However, I'm not an ignorant noob and I do want to make use of JavaScript in my blog posts.

Hey Google, please listen to my rant! Thanks.

PS: Dear Google, please don't tell me that I can use JS within the template. I don't think every post of mine is worth a digg button and I'm too lazy to code the conditions.

Share this post at StumbleUpon
Stumble It!
    Share this post at del.icio.us
Post it to
del.icio.us
 


-->

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home