Despite the sporadic posts by Googlers, the backbone of Google's Webmaster support channel is this crew of regulars from all around the globe. Google monitors the forum for input and trends, and intervenes when the periodic scandal escalates every once in a while. Apropos scandal ... although the list of top posters mentions a few of the regulars, bear in mind that trolls come with a disgusting high posting cadency. Fortunately, currently the signal drowns the noise (again), and I appreciate very much that the Googlers participate more and more.
Some of the regulars like seo101 don't reveal their URLs and stay anonymous. So here is an incomplete list of folks giving good advice:
- Cass-Hacks - Powerful XHTML DHTML presentation and accessibility tools (profile)
- Christina - Accessible design and development (profile)
- Dockarl - BlixKrieg Wordpress Theme profile
- JHL - JHL web design (profile)
- JohnMu - Search Engine Tools (profile)
- Webado - Web Hosting and Design Canada (profile)
- Phil Payne - Website rescue, redesign and maintenance (profile)
- Red Cardinal - Search Engine Optimization in Ireland (profile)
- DJC (Dori) - We're coming to Wisconsin (profile)
So when you're a Webmaster or site owner, don't hesitate to post your Google related question (but read the FAQ before posting, and search for your topics), chances are one of these regulars or even a Googler offers assistance. Otherwise when you're questionless carrying a swag of valuable answers, join the group and share your knowledge. Finally, when you're a Googler, donate the sites linked above a boost on the SERPs ;)
Micro-meme started by John Honeck, supported by Richard Hearne, Bert Vierstra ...
Post it to